Displaying the object metric (sub-object) includes a number of statistical characteristics, as well as the coordinates and heights of its points and a schematic displaying the contour.
The following characteristics of object (subobject) are displayed:
- number of subobjects in the object;
- number of the displayed subobject (object has number 0);
- number of points in the object (subobject);
- distance between a current and next point of the object (subobject);
- directional angle, azimuth, left rotary angle, right rotary angle from the current to the next point of the object (subobject) and rhumb.
View of angle can be set by selecting the appropriate item in the Pop-up menu.
The coordinates of the metric's points can be displayed and edited in different units:
- in meters in a rectangular coordinate system;
- in pixels in a rectangular coordinate system;
- in radians in the geodetic coordinate system;
- in degrees with an accuracy of 1E-6 - 1E-7 in the geodetic system of coordinates;
- in degrees, minutes, seconds in the geodetic coordinate system.
When changing the coordinates of an object by changing the distance and angle, the coordinates of the point following the current one are corrected.
The coordinates of the first point of the metric cannot be corrected by this method.
If the metric of the object is the two-dimensional one, then you can add height to the coordinates. For this purpose it is required:
- expand the window of help information about the object and enable the Insert H mode or select the corresponding item Insert H of the pop-up menu;
- enter the height value in the field and press the Enter key. This value will be set to all points of the object and its subobjects. If the height value is not set, then the height pseudocode is written. Using the buttons , you can decrease and increase, respectively, the height value by the amount specified in the input field.
In order to add a metric characteristic, it is necessary to choose modes or . Into the table the corresponding column will be added. The characteristic has an integer, and - a real representation of the value.
Further, by editing, you can set different heights in specific points of the object.
To edit heights in the object's metric, you must first expand the object information reference window.
This can be done by pressing the right mouse button above the dialog and selecting the item "Full Info about the object" from the pop-up menu, as well as by double-clicking the left mouse button above the dialog title.
In addition, using the Pop-up menu, you can perform the following kinds of editing the object metric;
- changing the direction of digitizing the object metric, including subobjects;
- changing the direction of digitizing the metric of the current subobject;
- deleting the current subobject;
- deleting all object subobjects;
- changing the accuracy of representation of the object metric (change in the accuracy of the displaying the object's metric is relevant only for maps with the usual degree of accuracy of storing coordinates in the full-screen version of presenting information about the object);
- set the selected point of metric of the closed object (subobject) as the first point.
You can update an object or only its metric from files of formats: SHP/DBF, OGC GML, GeoJSON through the context menu items "Update object" or "Update object metric".
In the Map Editor the mode of copying the metric data of one object of a map into other object has been added. The task is intended for execution of actions on copying of coordinates from the specified object or group of marked objects.
A fast copying into a clipboard of all coordinates of the metrics using the Ctrl+A key combination has been implemented for the further use of the copied data, for example, for their placing in the mode of creation of object by coordinates entered from the keyboard.
A general description of the metric is contained in the Object metric section.